The Lord who remembers, restores, and refreshes
Confession: The Lord did MUCH nudging for me to write this second post, and I shamelessly kept procrastinating it, only to be convicted not to postpone it anymore.
He is truly the Lord of Patience.
If you are wondering why it's taken me so long to write this second post, I would say it is mainly due to my laziness and confusion on what to put down first, and in what order. In my head I'm like if I say this story, there's a backstory to that, or what about that other incident where God supernaturally showed up, or what about this instance where God sent someone to speak specifically to me, or or or....and it goes on, and on. Let's just say I have SO MUCH to share that I'm not too sure of what story or incident I want to put down first.
9 years 8 months and counting. (as of March 3, 2022)
That's about how long I've been married for. Our story is not quite the traditional or conventional story that you occasionally hear about. It's got a bit of everything - love, tradition, sickness, drama, romance, laughs and the works.
To say I married my soulmate is quite an understatement - I have days when I question that and then I have days when I'm grateful to be the person who married up in so many ways.
Why am I saying this now? Because as I write this post, I am currently in my journey of waiting, and God knew (oh how He knew) that I would need someone who would be everything I couldn't tangibly be during this phase of my life.
Flashback to June 2012. Let's just say how I finally ended up getting married to Solomon Kuriakose is a testimony in itself.
20 days prior to the wedding - both my parents got chicken pox, and I got hospitalized for about 10 days (doctors couldn't figure out what was wrong, while one said - let's treat her for typhoid, the other said - let's treat her for measles. Sigh. The only silver lining was the weight loss :))
After the three of us got better, we reached the wedding destination where I get two bouts of attacks from insects, one bridesmaid who came all the way from the U.S. says she cant be part of my wedding party anymore as the dress didn't fit, on the wedding day my sister in law faints during the wedding service, the electricity goes off in between the service, the ordaining pastor goes off script which was embarrassing, I could literally go on and tell you more, get jaw-dropping reactions, and I wouldn't even need to exaggerate.
Anyone hearing this story might even begin to question if this union was meant to be - as so much happened, so many stops were pulled just to cancel this union. Why do I mention this struggle now? Well to show you that one, God meant business when he brought us both together, and clearly the enemy tried everything to stop it, but didn't succeed.
To expect any move that will advance God's kingdom here on Earth to come to pass so easily, and that too minus a struggle, well, I have come to understand isn't always the case.
Which brings me to my journey currently. We know that we know that we know - we are going to bring kingdom warriors into this world. To expect it to come to pass without a struggle, even though that was my heart's desire, is definitely not the case right now.
But what I do know is - the Almighty, in His sovereignty, wisdom and love for me, knowingly put me to be one with Solomon, as He knew Solomon would be exactly whom I needed to walk beside me, in what has been the most challenging phase of my life so far :) God knew I would need a man to wipe my tears, hold my chin up and encourage me to look at God instead of any doctor's report, and keep reminding me that our Jesus has seen our promises fulfilled already, and now, we just need to wait upon Him as he brings it to pass - one tiny detail at a time :)



Comments
Post a Comment
Thank you for stopping by... If you have anything on your heart to share - feel free to comment. Stay blessed!